Athens time

Saturday 15 May 2010

Beeblocks and pincushions

Another few little finishes. Firstly the May bee blocks;

Katharina wanted us to make ovals for her quilt a la Denyse Schmidt, with lovely cheery fabrics!

Ulla sent some Japanese fabrics for her 9-patch quilt and had the marvellous idea of exchanging charms to make a friendship quilt..

After my apple adventure, using Heather Bailey's fruit pincusion pattern, I finished a pear. I think it looks more like a pear than my apple looked like an apple...

After advice and some hard thinking, I both filled the apple some more and tucked in the middle harder. I think it looks a wee bit better now..


- After















Before;









My small finishes for the week, next up the ORBC charmswap Flossieblossie is organising!

I am hoping to wrap it all and put it in the post on monday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute finishes! Yes, the apple definitely looks more plump!!

Lynz said...

Brilliant pin cushions!!!

Catherine said...

I like the look of Katharina's block, nice cheerful fabrics! I bet that will be a lovely quilt when finished.

Evelyn said...

Oh, the pincushions are great! I really want to make some of those myself. And your bee blocks look awesome - that's going to be a pretty quilt!

myBearpaw said...

Yes the apple is definately improved and the pear is gorgeous - love the fabric!
And I really love the oval blocks at the top, lovely fabrics.
You have been busy!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Your finishes are divine Marg. I love that first block, and the pincushions are so cute! xo

Marianne Penner said...

I love Katharina's blocks and the pincushions are too cute. Seeing the pincushion photos made me smile! Thanks for sharing.

Allie said...

Love, love, love those pin cushions!