Athens time

Tuesday 21 June 2011

An unexpected present !

One of the blogs I am following (ahum... or... at the moment that should be 'not following' :-)- but I will again when life starts normalizing a little)is the lovely blog of Frauke at "Quilthexle".

Frauke does amazing things with innovative art quilts. Go have a look,(here) I just don't know where she gets the inspiration but the results are great!

Well, Frauke (unbeknown to me) held a giveaway for all her followers and even though I am not reading blogs at this very moment, I have read her blog for quite a while now and participated, and Mr Random number selector choose me!

What a nice surprise to get one of Frauke's mini art quilts sent to me. Look, isn't it lovely?



A beautiful card as well and everything delivered by Luftpost.

Thank you Frauke, a lovely present when I least expected it, it brightened my day!

6 comments:

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

How lovely, congratulations Marg!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Unexpected, is the greatest kind of present!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is gorgous!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

quilthexle said...

I'm glad you like it ;-)) and thanks for your nice words about my blog and my work !! I feel very honored, honestly. Take care, Frauke

Micki said...

What a neat win for you! Congrats!
Micki

Jane Walker said...

Margriet - that is nice - I like that running stitch quilting that makes me think of the highly coloured quilts they make in one of our project villages in India where they depict rural scenes and make baby quilts for each other in that style .. it is pictorial and naif and all done in running stitch. The are non profit and come to the Delhi fetes with completed pre-sold commissions to take new orders and start all over again. Charming work.

It was nice to see you at Commem .. apparently we have a sleeping bag belonging to you but I gather that A and T are meeting up in late August for an exchange because he has one of her cameras as well.

Sorry to put this personal stuff on your comments but my e-mail is jw@blaizat.net if you would like to get in touch. Let us meet up in late August too?

Jane